Here is a simple vegetarian dish that I like to reserve for Meatless Mondays. It’s perfect for any night of the week, but I’m craving pasta so this is what I am looking to prepare for the evening.
Start with a large sauce pan to boil the pasta shells in salted water. Let it cook for 10 – 12 minutes. (al dente)
To a large sauté pan, add the sliced shallots, spinach, white beans, crushed tomatoes, red chili flakes, black pepper, and salt to taste.
In a large serving bowl, add the ricotta cheese, mozzarella drained pasta, and spinach mix.
Serve, and then top with graded parmesan cheese and diced sun dried tomatoes.
- 3 cups of shell pasta
- 6 cups of baby spinach
- 12 oz. of crushed tomatoes
- 12 oz. of white beans
- 2 table spoons of chopped shallots
- 1 table spoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups of ricotta cheese
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 table spoons of red chili flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- To a large pot of boiling salted water, add the paste and let it cook for 10 to 12 minutes. Or al dente.
- In a large sauté pan, combine the shallots, baby spinach, white beans, tomatoes and seasoning.
- Once the pasta is done, add the ricotta, mozzarella, and pasta to a large bowl and stir in the spinach mix.
- Serve with graded parmesan cheese and chopped sun dried tomatoes.